Coalition of Sovereign Nations
Ooops! You are either not a member or not logged in! Please register or login to gain all the features of the forum. When you register please register with your NATIONS NAME.
Ooops! You are either not a member or not logged in! Please register or login to gain all the features of the forum. When you register please register with your NATIONS NAME.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Region of Nationstates.net

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New GFX Designer Added to Forum Staff!
SHADOW Added to Moderation Team!

Share | 

Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier _
PostSubject: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyMon 26 Jul - 18:18

Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier Hsacc_12
The Republic of Rabelliad today announced plans to greatly enhance its naval capabilities through the commissioning of two new VTOL-based aircraft carriers. The tiny nation has hitherto relied upon heavily-armed small patrol vessels to protect her shores, but the Rabelliad foreign office has declared that due to increasing military commitments to the Coalition of Sovereign Nations, the increase in long-range naval capabilities was necessary.
The carriers have been designed with speed in mind, to enable Rabelliad to react quickly to any situation that may develop. The minimalistic design of the carrier means that it is able to operate on a dual-hull catamaran basis, vastly reducing the water resistance and thus increasing the speed. The utilisation of revolutionary electric motor technology means that each hull has twelve fully-rotatable propellers along it, allowing impeccable manoeuvrability even at high speeds - despite the long, thin shape of each hull.
The "Swift" class contains very little in terms of conventional weaponry, with two 'Goalkeeper' Anti-missile systems on the starboard bow and port stern, with anti-aircraft missile defences housed in the other two corners. The carrier is able to deploy torpedo nets and has a sonar-insulating material on its hull to reduce the likelihood of detection by submarines. It is able to transport 13 GR7 Harrier VTOL jets comfortably, although if required it can use its vertical landing areas on either side of the raised runway to store up to 41. This highlights the incredible flexibility of the "Swift" class. It is able to perform both as a rapid response unit and as a slower, heavier support platform.
During normal operation, all thirteen aircraft are stored underneath the overhead runway, and a powerful lift at the stern means that the entire squadron can be in the air within five minutes of the first harrier taking off. Upon their return, the vessel will slow to well below its 40-knot speed capacity to enable to pilots to land their aircraft on the vertical landing strips on either side of the vessel.

Stats:

Displacement: 25,000 tonnes
Length: 197 metres
Beam: 68 metres
Speed: 40 kts
Complement: 800 ship's company, 200 air group personnel
Armament: 2 x 'Goalkeeper' AMDS, 2 x PAF 2056TH AAMS
Aircraft: 13 x Harrier GR7
Propulsion: 24 x HDSC23 electric motor
Attachments
HSACC.bmp
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2.3 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rabelliad

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyMon 26 Jul - 20:58

That isn't a Carrier, it's a floating hanger.

Go look at pictures of the Invincible class for a example of a V/STOL Carrier.
Back to top Go down
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyTue 27 Jul - 9:51

Surely all aircraft carriers are floating hangers, since they have to house the aircraft until they take off?
Back to top Go down

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyTue 27 Jul - 22:19

Rabelliad wrote:
Surely all aircraft carriers are floating hangers, since they have to house the aircraft until they take off?

However they are also ships in the sense that they can float. Also ALL Carriers use under deck hangers to carry Aircraft.

Yours is a floating impossibility.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Administator
Administator

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyWed 28 Jul - 3:41

In our new members defence, please acknowledge that he did at least try.

As for it being a 'floating hanger' surely making a few adjustments will solve this problem. Remember not everything, or everyone is perfect. And as a region we should be giving criticism, yes. But we should also give points on how to improve the areas criticized.
Back to top Go down
https://roswarne.forumotion.co.uk
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyWed 28 Jul - 9:20

Rabelliad would welcome any assistance that could be provided by the more experienced military advisers of her allies' nations!
Back to top Go down

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyWed 28 Jul - 10:35

Well aside from the fact that the picture is totally inaccurate let me review the stats.

Displacement: 25,000 tonnes - This is alright
Length: 197 metres - This is alright
Beam: 68 metres - That seems to be a bit wide, try lowering it to less than 40
Speed: 40 kts - lol, you would be lucky to get over 26 knots
Complement: 800 ship's company - No more than around 700 for a ship like this, 200 air group personnel
Armament: 2 x 'Goalkeeper' AMDS, 2 x PAF 2056TH AAMS - You need SAMs not AAMs
Aircraft: 13 x Harrier GR7 - I say you could carry about x25 Harriers with a ship this size
Propulsion: 24 x HDSC23 electric motor - This many engines would never fit on a Carrier of any size, if you aren't going Nuclear then go with a max of x4 Combined diesel-electric and gas motors

Start from there, then work on the rest. The picture should always come last.

Back to top Go down
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyWed 28 Jul - 11:34

In all fairness, the picture was something I had made before I'd even heard of Nation States. I drew up a specification that seemed about right, and decided to add the carrier to my arsenal.
Regarding speed and propulsion - you ought to take a look at a project called "Freedom Ship". This ship is to be propelled by large numbers of fully-rotatable propellers all along its underside. This is also referred to in the description of the carrier, and I believe that it is not unreasonable to assume this bleeding-edge technology might afford a fair touch of speed to my carrier.
Regarding the ship's complement, it was a rough estimate based upon the complements of various-sized carriers around the world, which I had looked at beforehand.
Regarding the number of Harriers, If you look at the picture itself, there are thirteen slots to house harriers, and that's where I got my number from.

All in all, the picture was some futuristic-looking design I cooked up one bored Sunday on Google SketchUp and the specifications were a reasoned and researched estimate. I wasn't to know we had a naval expert in the forum! Razz
Back to top Go down

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyWed 28 Jul - 15:28

Rabelliad wrote:
In all fairness, the picture was something I had made before I'd even heard of Nation States. I drew up a specification that seemed about right, and decided to add the carrier to my arsenal.
Regarding speed and propulsion - you ought to take a look at a project called "Freedom Ship". This ship is to be propelled by large numbers of fully-rotatable propellers all along its underside. This is also referred to in the description of the carrier, and I believe that it is not unreasonable to assume this bleeding-edge technology might afford a fair touch of speed to my carrier.
Regarding the ship's complement, it was a rough estimate based upon the complements of various-sized carriers around the world, which I had looked at beforehand.
Regarding the number of Harriers, If you look at the picture itself, there are thirteen slots to house harriers, and that's where I got my number from.

All in all, the picture was some futuristic-looking design I cooked up one bored Sunday on Google SketchUp and the specifications were a reasoned and researched estimate. I wasn't to know we had a naval expert in the forum! Razz

Dude that was the basic stuff, I've learned from experience, you want an expert go talk to Questers on NS. Also the "Freedom Ship" is a floating city that probably won't even be possible until 2029, which makes it early PMT. No ship can have that many engines.
Back to top Go down
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyThu 29 Jul - 8:51

Unfortunately experience is something I don't have yet!
Back to top Go down
blademasters765
blademasters765

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyThu 29 Jul - 9:09

I might suggest, sealing the lower deck as to protect from enemy fire and strong winds
Back to top Go down

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyThu 29 Jul - 9:16

Rabelliad wrote:
Unfortunately experience is something I don't have yet!

Which si why you should listen to someone who does.
Back to top Go down
Rabelliad
Rabelliad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyThu 29 Jul - 9:18

I'm listening Smile

And blade - what do you mean by the lower deck - are you talking about the landing pad or the section underneath the runway?
Back to top Go down

Dinosians

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier EmptyThu 29 Jul - 10:21

Rabelliad wrote:
I'm listening Smile

And blade - what do you mean by the lower deck - are you talking about the landing pad or the section underneath the runway?

lower deck = under runway.

Judging by the thing you want your going to need more AA defenses, At least 2 runways, 2 VTOL lift off stations, and on those runways 2 Catapults to launch aircraft. You need to carry a minimum of 20 aircraft, and have at least 1 elevator to take them from a below deck hanger to the runway.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier   Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier Empty

Back to top Go down

Rabelliad unveils new "Swift" Class Aircraft Carrier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coalition of Sovereign Nations :: Regional Politics :: The Regional Government :: Regional Trade and Business-